The PGA Tour Rookie of the Year, Daniel Berger is a professional golfer who started playing golf at the age of 11. Later, He gives continuity playing golf in his college years and named a two-time first-team All-American by the Golf Coaches Association of America and Golfweek. During his amateur career, he won several championships like the 2009 FCWT National Championship, 2010 Florida State Match Play Championship, etc. He turned pro at the age of 20 in 2013. Throughout his career, he won 3 PGA Tour and 2 trophies. Currently, he is ranked #18 in the world. To know more about him, you can read the below article to date.
What is Daniel Berger famous for?
- An American professional golfer.
Where does Daniel Berger live?
Going back to his early life, Daniel was born under the birth sign of Aries to his parents, Jay Berger and Nadia Berger in the year 1993. His mother is a Country Director while his father is a former tennis pro, coach, and head of men’s tennis for the United States Tennis Association. Also, His paternal grandmother, Roslyn “Cookie” Swift Berger was an accomplished amateur golfer who was inducted into the Greater Buffalo, New York Sports Hall of Fame in 2000. He grew up along with his three siblings in Plantation, Florida, USA. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White.
For education, He studied at William T. Dwyer High School where he graduated from in 2011. Later, he enrolled at Florida State University in Tallahassee.
When did Daniel Beger start to play golf?
- Talking about his sports journey, Daniel started to play golf at the age of 11 and he had his first hole-in-one at age 13.
- Later, he played golf during his college years where he won both the SunTrust Gator Invitational and the Seminole Intercollegiate.
- In his college season, He led the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) with a 69.36 stroke average in 2013.
- As a sophomore, He tied for second at the 2013 NCAA Golf Championship.
- Later, He was named a two-time first-team All-American by the Golf Coaches Association of America and Golfweek.
- Then, He was named to the All-Nicklaus team, All-ACC team, and PING All-Region team.
- At the age of 20, He qualified for the Web.com Tour and played four events.
- The following year, He finished T2 at the TPC Stonebrae Championship and ranked 15th in the season-long Web.com Tour standings, which earned him a promotion to the PGA Tour for the 2014-15 season.
- In 2015, He shot a 6-under-par 64 in the final round of the Honda Classic to get into a sudden-death playoff which he lost to Pádraig Harrington. Later, He made a double eagle at the par-5 sixth hole.
- During the 2015 season, He cut in 17 of 31 events and had six top-10 finishes including two seconds. He finished 11th in the FedEx Cup rankings and earned over $3 million with the PGA Tour Rookie of the Year.
- In 2016, He won his first PGA Tour at the FedEx St. Jude Classic near Memphis, which moved him to 29th in the Official World Golf Ranking. He earned $1.1 million as a winning prize.
- In the 2017 PGA Tour season, He successfully defended his FedEx St. Jude Classic title and moved to 24th in the world. Later in July, he was ranked 20th in the world.
- He shot a third-round 66 at the 2018 U.S. Open which put him in a 4-way tie for the lead with Dustin Johnson, defending champion Brooks Koepka, and Tony Finau. However, a final round 73 left him in a tie for 6th place, 5 shots behind eventual winner Koepka.
- In 2020, he won the 2020 Charles Schwab Challenge after his opponent Collin Morikawa missed a very short putt for par on the first playoff hole. This was the first PGA Tour tournament back after a three-month hiatus due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Who is Daniel Berger dating?
Daniel Berger has not married yet but has a romantic relationship with a model named Victoria Slater for a long time. Presently, the lovebirds enjoying their love life happily and they often post the photos together in his social media accounts.
How much is Daniel Berger’s worth?
Daniel Berger has earned the sum of a good amount of money from his profession as a golf player. As per the online sites, he has reported $5 million net worth as of 2020. He also adds up his fortune through his PGA Tours and his participated championship. However, his current salary and his assets details are still under review.
What is Daniel Berger’s height?
Daniel Berger has a height of 6 feet 1 inch and he weighs around 79 Kg. His eyes are dark brown eyes and his hair color is blonde. He has an athletic body but his body statistics are still under review. Further, his sexual orientation is straight.